These are important questions that you as a Christian should ask yourself in these last days. Why? Because the eagles are already being taken to where the body is, and you shouldn’t be left behind.
WHO ARE THE EAGLES?
Isaiah 40:31 says:
“But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” [NKJV]
This passage shows the characteristics of those represented as eagles. Some of us already have all these characteristics, some of us are still growing in these characteristics and some of us don’t have these characteristics but desire to have them. So long as your heart hungers for God, you are an eagle. However, some eagles are more mature than others. Some are fully grown, and some are still babes. But all who desire the Lord are eagles. And in these last days, God is moving His eagles. To where? Our Lord Jesus said: “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.” He is moving them to where the body is.
WHAT IS THE BODY?
The body is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the bread of life. In John 6:51, He said:
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world…Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.”
This is what these eagle believers are gathered to do: to eat the flesh of our Lord Jesus and drink His blood so that they can have life. But how do they eat His flesh and drink His blood to gain eternal life? Our Lord Jesus explains in John 5:24 saying:
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”
And in Luke 11:28, He said:
“… blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
So we see that the eagle believers eat of our Lord Jesus’ body [to gain eternal life] by hearing His words, doing them and using them to grow in faith in God. Moreover, when we remember that our Lord Jesus is the Word of God, we can understand that eating His body simply means feeding on the Word of God.
Knowing these [that the body which the eagles feed on is the body of our Lord Jesus and that they feed on Him by hearing His Word, believing it and doing it], we can move to the next question:
WHERE IS THE BODY?
This is probably the most important question. It’s important because our Lord Jesus said the eagles will be gathered to where the body is. So if we are to be gathered, we need to know where the body is.
With what we have learnt from the previous question, this question can be rephrased as “where is the Word of God?” or “where can we feed on the body of our Lord Jesus?” Interestingly, our Lord Jesus has already given the answer. In Matthew 18:20, He said:
“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” [NKJV]
This means that our Lord Jesus is spiritually present to feed His eagles with His body [with His word] WHEREVER AND WHENEVER they are gathered together in fellowship. But for Him to actually feed them [for them to actually receive His body to eat] they must consciously allow Him to lead their meeting through His Spirit. They must not display any of the characteristics He complained about in His letters to the seven churches in Revelation 2 and 3. Some of the characteristics are:
- Revelation 2:4: “Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.” If a gathering of God’s people has left love for God’s word and pursued other things, or if they have replaced the leading of the Holy Spirit with organizational procedures, then they have left their first love. They cannot truly feed on the body of our Lord Jesus.
- Revelation 2:14-15: “But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.” The doctrine of Balaam represents using immoral means to get what you want. Balaam told Balak to use ladies to seduce the Israelites so that they would sin and Balak would get rid of them. As such, if a gathering of God’s people use immoral means to get anything [e.g. financial support, membership, etc.], then the body of our Lord Jesus [the true Word] will not be available among them. Our Lord Jesus also complained about the doctrine of the Nicolaitans. The Nicolaitans were followers of Nicolas and Nicolas means “to be victorious over the people.” Having this doctrine means that in a gathering of God’s people, some people are regarded as the “Nico” [the clergy] while the rest are the laity. Under this arrangement, the clergy dominates the laity contrary to the teachings of Matthew 23:8-11 and 1 Peter 5:1-3. God hates this doctrine because it sets up a structure where man takes the place of Christ [as Head over the church]. Churches that operate in this pattern are represented as the great whore [the adulterous bride] in Revelation 17 instead of the faithful bride in Revelation 19:7. All such assemblies that have man as head of the church instead of Christ cannot have the body of Christ [the true Word] to feed on. They may appear rich, but spiritually, they are poor. They may seem to be feeding, but the word has little or no spiritual nutrients.
- Revelation 2:20: “Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.” If a gathering of God’s people has sexual immorality going on among them and it is not addressed, then they cannot receive the true word of God.
- Revelation 3:1-2: “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.” If a church judges their progress by how much money they get, how large their membership and assets are, or by how much religious activities they engage in, rather than by how spiritually mature the people are and how much of the life of God is revealed among them, then in God’s eyes they are dead. Such a gathering cannot feed on the body of our Lord Jesus [the true Word of God].
- Revelation 3:15-17: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ – and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked” If a gathering of God’s people is lukewarm then it means that they are mixing the things of God with the things of the world. They are comfortable seating on the fence on many issues, not going all the way with God so as not to offend the world. They try to be politically correct in order to be accepted by the world, something we notice in many churches today. Such behaviors are symptoms of an assembly of people whose connection with God has weakened significantly, and such an assembly will not be able to feed on the body of our Lord Jesus Christ [the true Word of God that is able to give life to their spirits].
These are characteristics that can deprive a gathering of God’s people from having the body of our Lord Jesus to feed on. So, when our Lord, in Luke 17:34-37, says “… in that night…wherever the body is there the eagles will be gathered together,” He means that in these last days where there is so much darkness, God is moving His eagle believers out from assemblies where His body is not available to assemblies that allow Him to feed them.
This move of His eagles in these last days is so important; that’s why our Lord Jesus chose to mention it. It is important because it is the last push to build His faithful church – the church that will be a bride without spot or wrinkle, holy and without blemish, ready for marriage to Him. Majority of what is called church today have backslidden from God. But out of these unfaithful church systems, God is gathering His eagles to simple fellowships where they can worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, and can be well nourished with His living Word – His Word that is able to transform them into His likeness.
God spoke about these things again in the book of Revelation, chapters 11 and 12, using symbols. In those passages, He likened this move of His people out from the backslidden church systems to how He moved the Israelites out from Egypt to the wilderness. He used the ministry of Moses and Elijah to symbolize the type of empowerment He will give the people He will use to begin this move. And just as He referred to Moses as an eagle in Exodus 19:4 [the eagle that He used to bring His people out into the wilderness], so also God used a great eagle, in Revelation 12:14, to symbolize the people He will empower in these days to move His people to the symbolic wilderness – where they can be nourished with the body of our Lord Jesus [the true and sincere Word of God].
Moreover, God, in Revelation 11:8, has shown that the backslidden church system is also spiritually called Sodom and Egypt. In that verse [Revelation 11:8], the backslidden church system is referred to as the great city, which in Revelation 17:18 is also called the great whore [the great harlot]. And this great whore is the symbol for the adulterous bride of Christ, just as God through the prophet referred to the Israelites as a whore in Jeremiah 3, because they had backslidden from Him and become an unfaithful bride. This great whore had therefore evolved from being the backslidden Jewish religious system, which lasted till the days of our Lord Jesus, to being the backslidden church system in these days.
It is from this great whore, this adulterous bride of Christ that has structured itself into a great city, this church system that is also spiritually called Sodom and Egypt that God is moving His eagles out from to the symbolic wilderness – to the simple and true gatherings of His people – the gatherings that are truly in His own name alone. It is there, in such gatherings, that He will wash them [Ephesians 5:26] and feed them, with His word, so that they can grow into the bride that gives Him pleasure and is ready for marriage [Revelation 19:7]. May the Lord help us to be part of such people, especially now that His return and the marriage supper are near. Amen.
As for us [your brethren sharing these things with you], we are a people who have heard the call of God and have been gathered out of the denominational church system of man. We simply fellowship in Spirit and in Truth, consciously desiring that the Lord Jesus leads each of our meetings through His Spirit. And He has been faithful to feed us with Himself, working on us individually and collectively, and leading us toward the standard in Ephesians 4:13. That is, till we [as a fellowship] have unity of spirit, unity of faith, unity of our knowledge of the Son of God; till we [as a body of people] become stable in operating as one perfect man, under the singular Headship of Christ Jesus alone, and till we [as a body of people] measure up to the full stature of life we see in our Lord Jesus Christ [such that the virtues found in Him are also found in us].
This is the mind of God in these last days. God is building His church to be a bride without spot or wrinkle, holy and without any blemish. And to do this, He is gathering His eagles [as many as desire to feed on the true Word of God], out from churches that do not allow Christ to lead, to simple fellowships where Christ is the one and only Head.
Kindly reflect on these things and judge whether or not the church you are part of is an Egypt; judge whether or not it is a place where God’s eagles can feed. If it isn’t, pray and ask God to lead you to where the body is. Remember:
“Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.” [Luke 17:37, NKJV]
Moreover, in Revelation 18:4-5 He has said:
“4 … Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.” [NKJV]
The “her” He is referring to is the great whore, the adulterous bride of Christ, the backslidden church system.
May the Lord guide your heart as you prayerfully consider these things. And may He cause you to be among those who are taken to where the body is, and not left behind to share in “her” sins and receive of “her” plagues. Amen.
God bless you.